Friday, March 12, 2010

Jewels in the Soup

Grew older and found more jewels in the thoughts of Jay Z.



Inspired by Basquiat. My chariots on fire.
Everybody took shots, hit my body up, I’m tired.
Build me up. break me down. to build me up again.
They like: “Hov we need you back so we can kill ya ass again”
Hov got flow, though he’s no Big and Pac, but he’s close.
How I’m supposed to win? They got me fighting ghosts…

~

Same sword the knight you, they gon’ “good night” you with.
(Shit) Thats only half if they like you.
That aint even the half what they might do.
Dont believe me ask Michael.
See Martin, see Malcolm.
You see Biggie, see Pac? see: success and its outcome.
See Jesus, see Judas. See Caesar, see Brutus.
See success is like suicide.
“Suicide it’s a suicide”
If you succeed, prepare to be crucified.
Media meddles, niggas sue you, you settle.
“Every step you take”, they remind you, you ghetto.
So its tough being Bobby Brown.
To be Bobby then, you gotta be Bobby now.
Now the question is: “Is to have had and lost
Better than not having at [all]?”

~

Everybody wanna be the King, then shots ring
You layin on your balcony with holes in your dream.
Or you Malcolm X’d out, get distracted by screams:
Everybody get your hand off my jeans.
Everybody look at you strange say you changed,
Like you work that hard to stay the same.
Game stays the same, the names change.
So its best for those to not overdose on being famous.
Most kings get driven so insane,
that they try to hit the same vein that Kurt Cobain did
??No dangers, so shameless??
Invited to the inter-sanctum of yo chambers
??Low chained em as the enemies approach??
So raise ya draw bridge and drown em in the moat
And the Spirit I’m evokin
**Mumbles**

~

Everybody screamin they want the old Hov,
But the new improved Hov hit like Albert Pujols.
Everybody wanna hear me talk that money like Phil Rizzuto,
But my mind is on Pluto.
Bills that I do fold, i now invest.
Tryna find some loopholes in the IRS.
As where I used to have a few hoes, I am just
concentratin on makin a new Hov through sex.
I’ve awaken just in time to school those putos
Tryna follow in my shoes with jewels froze.
Better adhere to this text ‘fore you go
broke, spendin more than you’ve accrued on silly baguettes.
I know silly but yet, silly, you learn on your own.
At least my conscience is clear, I’m no longer steering you wrong.
Aint nothing wrong with baguettes after you get a home.
Take care of your home, you can go back and…

The Corporate Take[over]….”

-S.Carter

1 comment:

Wonderful Star said...

The Man, The Myth, The Legend, love him flaws and all.

j