Saturday, October 10, 2009

When you know


I knew when I made the choice to be a better man for not just for her, but for myself. I know that she is worth the effort, thoughts, and struggle. I could be ok at my present state, but why just be ordinary when I could be extraordinary. To choose someone above yourself is the greatest sacrifice. I knew that it was going to be a struggle for me since I've spent years being selfish. I thought it was gonna be easy and simple; instead it has been hard. I acknowledge that I've been selfish. Partially because of my situation with my son. The struggle of sacrificing so much to lose it in the (end) has been a struggle. I see that my ways much change, so I step it up. I face my greatest challenges and fears face to face. Some were easy to conquer. Others are such a struggle that I find myself spending hours fight against falling back in the habit. I don't claim to be perfect. Honesty I'm perfectly imperfect. I know that all I can do is put forth all my effort and the greatest reward will come.

You know it's something special when you would move around the world for her. I can say it was simple, but in reality it's the hardest decision I've made thus far. I've put her before me, cause she deserves to be. I haven't praised anyone before, but if I am going to believe, love, and trust someone. Why not the person who makes you think about it?

----------------
Now playing: Alicia Keys - Like You'll Never See Me Again

1 comment:

Wonderful Star said...

SWEET! Keep it up but remember she is only reflecting the God that is already in you.

j