Sunday, February 8, 2009

42 Things to Think About...


Here are the 42 principles of Ma'at. They are the principles in which Kemetic (Egyptian) people used as rules to govern themselves. I wonder at times what principles do people govern themselves with, and do they change as soon as things get rough. I know that I govern my spirit by my actions, and in this growth I will have my faith challenge...the key is to never loose it.
  1. Not have I done wrong. (We choose our rights and wrongs. Just stay true to them.)
  2. Not have I despoiled.
  3. Not have I robbed.
  4. Not have I slain men: twice.
  5. Not have I defrauded the offerings.
  6. Not have I diminished [oblations].
  7. Not have I despoiled the things of the god.
  8. Not have I spoken lies.
  9. Not have I carried off food.
  10. Not have I afflicted [any]
  11. Not have I committed fornication.
  12. Not have I made to weep.
  13. Not have I eaten my heart.
  14. Not have I transgressed.
  15. Not have I acted deceitfully.
  16. Not have I desolated ploughed lands.
  17. Not have I been an eavesdropper.
  18. Not have I set my mouth in motion [against any man].
  19. Not have I raged except with a cause.
  20. Not have I defiled the wife of a man.
  21. Not have I defiled the husband of a woman.
  22. Not have I polluted myself.
  23. Not have I caused terror.
  24. Not have I committed offense
  25. Not have I inflamed myself with rage.
  26. Not have I made deaf myself to the words of right and truth.
  27. Not have I caused grief. (One of my greatest challenges)
  28. Not have I acted insolently.
  29. Not have I stirred up strife.
  30. Not have I judged hastily.
  31. Not have I been an eavesdropper.
  32. Not have I multiplied my words upon words.
  33. Not have I harmed, not have I done evil.
  34. Not have I made curses of the king.
  35. Not have I fouled water.
  36. Not have I made haughty my voice.
  37. Not have I have I cursed God. (Never...when you curse God, you curse yourself)
  38. Not have I committed theft.
  39. Not have I defrauded the offerings of the gods.
  40. Not have I carried away offerings from the beatified ones.
  41. Not have I carried off the food of the infant, not have I sinned against the god of the town.
  42. Not have I slaughtered the cattle divine

No comments: