Saturday, September 19, 2009

Better Days


Hey,

I am writing this letter because I will not send this letter to you. The facts of life has put me in a new phase of thinking, and I have to admit that it is detrimental to keep opening wounds. First thing I want to do is apologize for the hurt and pain I caused. Regardless, if you don't even care at this point, I am still apologetic for my inability to express the truth, even if it hurts. I know that you were there when I thought no one else was on my side. I can never forget how you listened to my struggles to be better, regardless of the fact that actions did not reflect my rhetoric. I remember those nights when I would be at your house and we would talk about life changing situations that make us who we are. I know that I never thought I would settle down with a person, and expressed it repeatedly. Then one day I popped up and said that I found someone who I wanted to be with permanently, as if you weren't a part in me being better. I absolutely believe that I would not be the person I am without you. The strength and passion that you showed me, has truly influenced me to become a person who see a quality woman when I see one. I want to send this letter to you directly, but I know opening up old wounds will do nothing for either of us. I believe you deserved better, so I will never want to be the person pushing you from reaching your true greatness. I knew it every since I met you, which is why I can express this with all the sincerity in my heart and soul. I have to say that in my three years living in Atlanta, I have grown to appreciate dedication, love, and perseverance. Now I have given my complete dedication and loyalty to my mind, body and soul so that I stop this vicious cycle of pain. When I lie on the balcony and look at the stars, I smile about the good times. The times that no one could, would, or should duplicate. I don't look to replace you or the feelings I felt for you. I know that there are so many people in this world who would sacrifice their lives to feel even a little of the passion that we felt about anything. I can't help but see that your life will be for the better, and when I lay my head down before I sleep, I always pray that everyone I ever came in contact is better off after they have met me. I truly hope that I have made your life better, because you have definitely made mine better...spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally. If you don't see anything beneficial from our situation...know that I am very open, honest, and faithful in my current relationship. I thank you for all you have done to make me who I am.

Sincerely,

A Better Man


----------------
Now playing: The Isley Brothers - You're Beside Me, Pts. 1 & 2

No comments: