Monday, May 18, 2009

The bottom of the top


When I first moved into my home, I was unprepared to deal with the challenges. No one told me that I would become the bread winner of my family. No one warned me of the poor decisions I will face. No one told me that I would go from the top to the bottom and now fight to get back to the top. No one said "it's gonna be rough, and you may hate the man you were, while still frustrated with the man you have become." In the past three years of my life, I have learned a lot about myself and the situations I have lived through. When I fell to the ground, I have spent minutes blaming everyone else for my fall. Spent hours wondering why God would do this to me. Spent days wiping myself off. Spent years, assessing my abrasions, and spent a life time trying to understand why I had to take theses tumbles. I know that I am working...even if it's from the bottom of the mountain I have to climb to reach the top. No matter what I will reach it...cause, I can't allow my present circumstance determine my outcome...it's only a moment in the story of life.

No comments: