Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Weeknd



After looking back on my writings on this blog. I have to take a moment and acknowledge the artist The Weeknd. I find that I referenced his songs repeatedly over the last several months. I have not seen an artist with that mixture of lyrics, production, and uniqueness in one package. The mixture of his voice and the production is uncanny. Since I first heard House of Balloons I've been amazed with his writing ability. This is one of the greatest, if not the GREATEST ALBUM of 2011. I enjoyed EVERY song on the album, which I haven't done in a very long time. I could feel the raw emotions convey through his voice. The rhyme of the album is melodic and I had to take a moment and acknowledge that Team. They are creating some of the best music out right now. I look forward to the growth of his artistry. I wouldn't consider myself a fan, because I don't personally know any of these people. But I love the music that they are making. I had to say something because today his second album Thursday is all that I listen to. I am attaching a link to FREE ALBUMS. Take a minute and give them a good listen. Send a comment. I'm interested in the thoughts of everyone who listens to this album. Peace, Love, and Happiness.


No comments: