Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nervous Energy

Kristen Leigh

This weekend is going to be a very weird weekend, which is no different from the last couple. However, I am attending one of my closest friend’s wedding and I know I will see my ex-girlfriend for the first time in over a year. After months of doing my own thing, and finding a niche in a new city I find that I am nervous as a puppy dog to see her. What is that? It is not as if I am looking to rekindle an old flame, but just the thought of being in her presence makes me feel like I'm about to get on a roller coaster for the first time. Our relationship did not end on the best of notes, but I have apologized for my childish behavior in the relationship and learned about the fact that I could and should have handled things differently. Now that I have been single for a period, I have become conscious on developing myself to be the man I know I am. However, I still find that seeing her face makes me feel nervous. Do you have any suggestions for a person who feels like I do?

Bamboo Child - Ryo Kawasaki

No comments: