Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why?

Catherine Komp

Today, I received that phone call I never want to receive from anyone. Years ago, I taught in a middle school in one of the worst parts of America. My students lived in a third world country right inside the borders of country that feels it needs to "liberate" everyone else and enslave its own. In my first two years, I had six pregnancies, 2 killings, and numerous wars within my school. It is hard to be a great teacher when you know that your kids worry about eating that evening. In the midst of all those kids I had very few who were motivated and impacted by the power of education. Out of that small percentage, I receive a phone call from one of those kids crying hysterically. In the midst of the crying, I found out that one of my student's lost his mother to a vicious murder. I am attaching the link to the article if you would like to read more about the savage shit that occurs every day in America.

http://wjz.com/local/robber.stabbing.2.775742.html

I do not know what is wrong with this country. I would write more about this, but I cannot hold back the tears, so please send your condolences to the family and watch your back. Cause this country is toilet and its only due time before God flushes.


RIP Elizabeth Queensbury

(A moment of silence)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. You know where I'm at if you need me. ;-)